Joey Scouts is your first section in Scouts. It’s for boys and girls aged 5, 6 and 7 and it’s all about fun!
You’ll be part of a Mob which is full of energetic kids just like you. As a Joey you’ll learn how to share and care while having fun with your friends.
The section has operated for 27 years since Joey Scout section inception. Our current Leaders have been with the Joey Scouts for nearly 57 years and all Joey Scout Leaders are Wood Beaded (highest level of training) trained. Two of our leaders started with their children and now are the grandparents of some of our scouts.
You can be a Joey Scout from 5yo…that’s when you are able to start grade 1 at school.
What can I do as a Joey in Kedron Scouts?
As a Joey Scout you can:
- play fun games, tell stories and dress-up
- sing songs and play musical instruments
- make and fly your own kites
- experiment like real scientists
- make craft
- explore the outdoors, including the local creek
- plant your own garden
- cook yummy treats
- do badge work, such as the Promise badge
- host visits from family members and other interesting people like nurses and firefighters
- have sleepovers (1 night) and mob holidays (2 nights)
- attend cultural activities such as the Wonargo Revue and Brisbane Gang Show
- and best of all…make lots of great friends.
Our Joey Scouts may commence transition any time after they turn 7 ½ and progress to Cub Scouts by their 8th birthday.
“At Joeys I get to make lots of fun stuff and eat yummy food too”, Lachlan, 7yo.