Scouts is for boys and girls aged 10½ to 15 and is the most well-known section of the Scouting movement – Scouts is where the action is!
Whether you’re mastering the art of outdoor safety, participating in amateur radio shows and performing arts productions, or attending the ultimate Scouting adventure of a Jamboree, you’ll learn life-long skills that you can teach your friends.
At Scouts you’ll become a member of a Scout Patrol and your Patrol will work with other Patrols to form a larger Scout Troop. Together you’ll make important decisions, set critical goals, and depend on each other to succeed. And when you do succeed, you can earn achievement badges!
Our Scout Leader has been a scout since he was 12yo and is a Queen’s Scout, bringing this knowledge to the section. Our second Leader was raised by a Scout leader father and has experienced life as a Scout. Joined by a Rover Helper and a Youth Helper, they form a strong team.
What can I do as a Scout in Kedron Scouts?
As a Scout you can:
- Navigate bushland and challenge yourself in survival camps
- Learn how to build bridges
- Trek up a mountain and camp at the top
- Take an overnight river trip by canoe
- Pursue your hobbies and gain new skills
- Take art classes and participate in cultural activities such as the Wonargo Revue and Brisbane Gang Show
- Talk to thousands of Scouts across the world on the radio
- Achieve badge work up to the Australian Scout Medallion
- Attend the ultimate Scouting adventure of a Jamboree anywhere in Australia or the world!